Helpful
Replies

cbs350-24t-4x freezes after ssh config

samuellsk
Level 1
Level 1

hellou

have a weird one

have here the said switch, a few of them...
so i ve pluged in first, setup password, setup ip / route / hostname
saved
than went into to the stack management, formed a stack (unit 1)

did this on the second switch and when they booted i plug the stack cables (unit 2)
of course they rebooted...

logged back through web , went into services to enable ssh , enable password auth for users.

Logged in through ssh, pasted a bunch of commands (like to turn off smartport, start snmp service , ...etc..) nothing horrible and in the end it does not matter much, it froze, cant log in through ssh it just hangs indefinetely and web is not extreamly slow... extreamly slow is the coming the end of this reality,... this thing is much slower

i am looking no processing data strip for the past 10 minutes (most likely retrieving config and is dead...)
i am not clicking all of those switches here, if i ve had to they are going back

any thought what to do ? of course cutting the power helps to restore it but once i try to send the config lines through ssh it freezes again (it does on random command not just one specific...) and i dont think so naming ports , creating vlans , naming port channels... is something what it should not handle.

anyone have some idea ?

thank you.

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure to use the latest firmware available for the cbs350-24t-4x
       + Configure a syslog server (first) on the device , then after it has frozen check last logging received  on the syslog
    server ; check if anything related comes up ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '