cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure SNMPv3 on IE3300 (No commands available)

Josh1320
Level 1
Level 1

I have a IE3300 running ie3x00-universalk9.17.06.05.SPA firmware, the data sheet says that it supports snmp v3 but only the snmp-server community [word] [ro/rw] command is possible.

I suspect the answer may be fairly obvious but can't quite figure it out from searching google or on here. Conversely I do have a IE3200 which allowed the proper commands for snmp v3. Any advice or tips is much appreciated!

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Whilst perhaps obvious check if the current admin user has level 15 privileges ; also what kind of errors are returned if the snmp v3 setup and or configuration commands are tried ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The user definitely has level 15 privilege. The switch is on test bench so thereā€™s no issue changing any config

Only the snmp-server community command is available, the snmp-server group command doesnā€™t exist within the available options. Iā€™m not sure if I need to update to an even higher firmware as the one I have installed is ā€œstarredā€ by Cisco. 

>...The user definitely has level 15 privilege. 
 - I don't want to push that too much , but could you verify with a local admin too (not aaa based, , if not yet the case) ; also do you have any 
                          show snmp ?
   command(s) available , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yea sure it's not trouble. I have a local user configured as username x privilege 15 secret y that is used to authenticate when logging in on the console port (which is how I am accessing this).

show snmp-server is the only command available. Show snmp ? shows only the community command 

The other thing I was wondering is if the IOS version is the culprit:

For IE3300 8T2S there are two starred releases, I am using 17.6.5 but not sure if the new version would have that additional feature. I see no mention of it in the feature release notes though.
-Bengaluru-17.6.5
-Cupertino-17.9.3

- I am  baffled , it's standard IOS-XE at least from 17.1.x , you may try 17.9.3 as a sanity check , 

M.

Josh1320
Level 1
Level 1

I think that may be the next step for me. Thanks for the chat!

- Let us know the outcome too ; it helps increasing Community Knowledge , 

M.

Josh1320
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded to 17.6.5 and the snmp-server commands are available, I suspect the issue was on a switch running the 17.6.3 fw the switch was loaded with.