Views
Helpful
Replies

POE Delay

bjbaird
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SG30010-MPP

Is there a way to delay applying POE to a port until after the switch is fully booted?

I have a situation where I am using the switch with DCHP capabilities, but I need the switch and DHCP server to be fully booted before power is applied to the port.  Since power is applied before the switch is fully booted, my devices configure with auto-IP and never see the DHCP server.  is there a way to control the boot sequence to make sure the DCHP server if fully functional before power gets applied to the ports?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yiu Kay Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

There is no user-configurable way to delay the PSE (power source equipment) supplying power to the switchports when it detects working PEs (powered devices) connected to the switchports.

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Yiu Kay Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

There is no user-configurable way to delay the PSE (power source equipment) supplying power to the switchports when it detects working PEs (powered devices) connected to the switchports.

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776