cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08 aka SLM2008T: dot1x authorization capabilities?

jan.zacharias
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco,

we are interested in buying 300+ of these devices, iff it does

support dot1x authorization, that means it sets the vlan

according to the radius reply. The predecessor (SLM2008) did

not implement this feature or it was just disabled like snmp?

Did you fix this issue? And no, we won't buy the Catalyst's

Best,

Jan

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have modified this posting  please read my last entry below

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes radius allocated vlan assignement is supported on authetication so the manual shows.

Why not work with your Local Small Business Account Manager (SBAM) and Cisco SE if the opportunity is real.

Check out around page 247 of the attached document, for your confirmation.. 

But, when you have a word to your SBAM regarding this opportunity, work with them and price out the 300 series switches or the compact WS-C2960CG-8TC-L. as well. It's the newly introduced compact 2960's.

regards Dave

Thanks for the quick response.

I just read https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3317979 and would like to know

if the feature was implemented after this customer complained or if the documentation of the

SG-200-8 might be affected by the same inaccuracy problem.

Best, Jan

Hi Jan,

I must admit I did trust what I read in the 200 series administrators guide.

I checked with the SBSC technician mentioned in the support posting  above.  She said that the feature was not working. It was remvoved from the datasheet, but not as yet from the Admin guide.

I had a discussion with the 200/ 300 series Product Manager (PM) today to confirm this finding, he said it actually not supported or meant to be supported on the 200 .

Yes 802.1x is supported,  but not 802.1x authetication with  dynamic Vlan assignment by a radius server.

Unfortunely this aspect of radius server allocation of VLAN is not suopported on the 200 series or the SFE/SGE series today.

It is however fully supported on the 300 series switches.

My appologies for any confusuion

regards dave