cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-50P web interface problems

pareshraja
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased a used Cisco SG200-50P switch. I am using it in my home. I am trying to get access to web based interface to play around and manage the switch. The problem is that the interface does not have any language and it does not give me an option to select English. I am able to log on, again the initial screen is without any texts at all. I attached screen shots. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mehdi Boukraa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

This is because of IE, the IP address of the switch should be trusted in Internet Explorer 

from IE under internet option --> Security --> Trusted sites --> Click on Site and add the IP address of the switch to trusted Sites and try again 

Please rate this post or mark as answered to help other Cisco Customers

Thanks

Mehdi

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mehdi Boukraa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

This is because of IE, the IP address of the switch should be trusted in Internet Explorer 

from IE under internet option --> Security --> Trusted sites --> Click on Site and add the IP address of the switch to trusted Sites and try again 

Please rate this post or mark as answered to help other Cisco Customers

Thanks

Mehdi

It worked. However, it needed some tweaking.

I had to make 192.168.1.254/* a trusted site. Without the /* it would not display the text.

Thanks.

Did you check how the entry for the trusted sites looks afterwards ? When I enter it with "/*" at the end, it will be modified to address only.

eg: https://192.168.1.2/* will be modified to https://192.168.1.2

I have the same behaviour in IE11, FF 34, Iron 35 on a Windows 8.1x64 client, on my iPad with Safari, on my Android cell phone with FF, on a notebook with Windows 8.1 (IE11 too) and one notebook with Windows 10. I added the address of the switch to the list of trusted sites, but this not helps (how this IE setting could even affect FF, Iron and mobile webbrowsers ?). I added the address to the list of sites that should be displayed in compatibilty mode in IE11, but still no text visible. I updated the firmware of the switch to the newest version, but still no text visible.
Only on IE9 (started from a Windows SBS 20111 server) it shows the text.

So it is definitely NOT a browser issue because I tried it with 7 different browsers on 5 different devices, and all show the same error.