Replies

SG250-08 VLAN Network routing to VLAN Network

kevincummerson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco smart switch SG250-08-K9-IK

I want to route a vlan to another vlan with  a different IP address

I have followed the following you tube on how to do this

(40) Cisco Tech Talk: Configuring Inter-VLAN Routing on SG250 Series Switches - YouTube

Following this you tube allows me to add the VLANS as Dynamic IP address, but wont let me create it as a Static IP address, which I require and this is shown in the video.

The software freezes when I select static IP addresses and locks up the switch. The window locks up and can be dragged about, but shows another version underneath, I assume at this point that the interface has become unresponsive.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware, but this did not change anything and changing the static IP address and 'applying' still causes the unit to become unresponsive and not create a Vlan with the required static address.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on the device when this happens, if you no longer have access configure a  syslog first, then do the intended configuration work and check logs on the syslog-server after the device hangs.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

kevincummerson
Level 1
Level 1

Static network freeze.jpg

HI marce1000,

I set all log items, including debug. The syslogs did not show anything, that i could determine. The time was reset and the log showed just the start up of the switch, power applied, ports down etc.

I have attached the browser window that I get as soon as press apply or close. The flashing light on the switch goes steady and I lose connection. Connection can only be re established with either a reset or power down of the switch.

- Probably unrelated but could you try all of this with a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE may lead to incompatibilities when managing the device.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Arend1121
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mate, so i had the same problem (just unpacked my Sg250-8p).
What does the trick is this :
1. setup the vlans you want in vlan management
2. be sure to be connected from your computer on any port between 1-7 that will stay for now in vlan1
3. for the first vlan you want to set an IP for assign that vlan to a port say P8
4. go to IP configuration -> IPv4 interfaces and assign an IP to that vlan (yep it will look like it hangs)
5. change the IP on your computer NIC to corresponding on the vlan you created. we will use this as an example:

created vlan 10
assigned vlan 10 to port 8
static ip vlan 10 : 10.1.10.1 255.255.255.0 (here the switch seems to crash)
change nic to 10.1.10.2 255.255.255.0 gateway 10.1.10.1
connect computer to p8 on switch
access the webpage on 10.1.10.1

vlan 1 disappeared for me following the above steps and the first vlan i added a static IP to became the management IP. after that i could with no hicup add the rest of IP's to different vlan's. 

hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X