Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to understand the power consumption of Catalyst 9200 48P switch

SasikaP
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community!

I have been trying to understand the table shown in the attached screenshot of the power consumption of this switch(C9200-48P-E) , if you could please help, thank you.

I am trying to calculate the expected power draw for UPS. The only PoE devices expected on this switch is 4 ports for 4 APs. Each AP draws 15W - so that's 60W in total for the 4 APs.

My understanding of the headers shown in the attached:, please correct me if wrong: 

Half port traffic > Total power usage of the switch when half duplex (one way traffic) is used on all ports

Full port traffic > Total power usage of the switch when Full duplex (two way traffic) is used on all ports

Weighted Average > Total Average utilisation of the two above

No Link> When no devices connected and normal run time power usage with no activity? (is this the correct understanding? or does it mean something else?)

PoE Test (No traffic) > 25% is when there is only 25% utilisation of full PoE strength (I am unsure if this is correct, as the total power capability on PoE is 1440 W (30 watts per port X 48 Ports)

(I picked up the screenshot attached from the links below: Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches Data Sheet (sg-repo-production-photos.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com)

Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches Data Sheet - Cisco

Thank you for your feedback!

Sas.

1 Reply 1

SasikaP
Level 1
Level 1

Any replies on this topic would be greatly appreciated!