cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two CBW APs on CBS250-8PP-E-2G

ivarsroga
Level 4
Level 4

Tried to use Two CBW APs - CBW240AC and CBW145AC on CBS250-8PP-E-2G.

At start after connecting both APs power by POE was provided to both of them.

Later after CBW240AC was finally booted and in working condition, CBW145AC cannot be powered by POE by any switch port (each port where I try to connect CBW145AC goes to Fault status)

According to management screen Nominal Power: 45 W, Consumed Power: 18 W, Available Power: 27 W.

So power for CBW145AC must be sufficient.

What can be reason of problem and how to solve it?

3 Replies 3

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The CBW145AC has 2 ports on the back of the device (1 Uplink POE-PD,1 passthrough) and 4 ports on the bottom of the device (1 POE-PSE LAN, 2 LAN, and 1 passthrough). 

1. Which port did you connect to the PoE switch port on CBS250? It should be to the 1 Uplink POE-PD port.

2. What is the LED color indicator behavior once you plug in the PoE cable?

3. Make sure on the CBW250 you have set the PoE power mode to Class Limit. This way the maximum power limit per port is determined by the class of the device.

4. Is your CBS250 LLDP and CDP enabled?

5. Does the other AP CBW240AC have the same issue?

Thanks,

Martin

ivarsroga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

1. Yes, I connected 1 Uplink POE-PD port to PoE switch.

2. As I wrote, at start both APs were powered from switch and start to boot up. CBW145 isn't attached main network where CBW240 is primary AP and by time CBW240 finish to boot, CBW145 goes out of attachment state, so I disconnect it from switch to start boot of it again.

Now only one switch port provides PoE power - one where CBW240 is attached. Any other port doesn't provide power - LED isn't light on neither on switch port, not on AP.

If I power off switch and power it back on, I can power both APs till one of them is disconnected and than only one port can provide PoE power.

3. Yes, PoE power mode is set to Class limit. Monitoring shows Class 4 on both ports where APs start to boot and remains class 4 where one AP remains.

4. CBS250 stays with default setings, latest firmware was updated.

5. If I disconnected CBW240, I can power CBW145 on port where CBW240 just stayed, but CBW240 cannot be powered from any other port.

So it looks, CBS250-8PP-E-2G cannot provide power for more than one AC access point.

Hi,

Can you try to connect another PoE-capable device to any of the switch ports and see if power up?  

Thanks