cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading the firmware on a SF300-24P Switch

iandickeson
Level 1
Level 1

One of my clients has a SF300-24P switch that was running  1.2.7.76 firmware we were having some issue with network connectivity so as one of the troubleshooting steps I upgraded just one jump to 1.2.9.44 firmware,  I would like to upgrade it some more but not sure if I have to step one version at a time and if it will cause any issue with the config on the switch if I jump to many versions and what is the stable release for this class of switch....I have not read all the release notes yet since It would take forever....and  would like to have some advice from someone who is using these now to get an idea how far to upgrade...or if I even need to .....hopefully the refresh and a small jump of firmware fixes the issue ...thanks

Another issue with this switch every time I log into the web interface it pops up the save warning icon even if I have not made a single change...is this a glitch ?...did not seem to fix on the one version firmware jump

ID

3 Replies 3

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

in order to upgrade the firmware version you have to do it step by step version by version..  the latest version was 1.4.1.03 but today May 20 there is a new release 1.4.5.02  below you have the release notes for that version.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/release_notes/R_1_4_5_02_RN.pdf

remember that first you have to upgrade the boot version (you can do it to the latest one directly) you can find it in the zip file on version 1.4.1.03 that´s the latest one for boot .rfb

firmware version link

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283019681&softwareid=282463181&release=1.2.7.76

I have tested the 1.4.1.03 and it works fine, regarding the save icon you see that´s something normal There may well be something else that is automatically updating things

regards

kk999
Level 1
Level 1
i have problem sf 300 24 managed switch in firmware update
how to update firmware update and how to use version of firmware

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi kk999,

What are the current firmware and boot versions on your device so I can advise on the best way to proceed?