cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why does sg300-100 show the fault 32-bit input counters in the web?

Alexey Aksenov
Level 1
Level 1
  1. Why my new sg300-100 shows only 32-bit input counters in the web browser while the output counters are appropriate 64-bit in the attached picture? (Firmware Version is 1.4.0.88 15-AUG-2014.)
  2. The log server is obtaining the information from Cisco “The device has been renewed the configuration on interface vlan 1 ..” every 12 hours. How to reduce the frequency of the renew till 24 hours?

Thanks, Happy New Year.

4 Replies 4

jonrodr2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My name is Jonathan and I am one of the Engineers here at Cisco Small Business.

I apologize for the delay in answering and for any inconvenience with the unit, i can see that the firmware version with the input is no the latest which should be 1.4.7.5.

-i recommend to do the upgrade and test.

-and i apologize but i could not understand the second part of the post, do you mind explaining a bit more about that part.

Thanks

Dear jonrodr2,

1. I upgraded Firmware version to 1.4.7.5 and made it active. In web browser input counters look as 32-bit, while output counters are 64-bit (marked in the attached Fig.). In SNMP I have not problems with all 64-bit counters even with old firmware.

2. I can not understand why does sg300-10 renew it's configuration every 12 hours?  In the router Client Lease Time is 1440 min = 24 hours. My log server stops disk (if inactive), it is better to collect all statistic one time per 24 hours. At the additional renew of the cisco configuration the log-server starts and stops it's disk.

Thanks, Alexey.

Thanks,

I tried to search about the 32-bit situation, but to be honest i have not been able to find an answer for this issue. so i would like to know, is that causing an error? do you have any issues with the performance on the unit because of that?

- I understand the switch is rebooting every 12 hours, so based on the screenshot i don't think that this is related to the first question, i suggest you open a case with us, so we can check on the unit and help you in a better way. thanks 

Dear jonrodr2.

1. Because the input counters look as 32-bit (the output --- 64-bit) in the web browser, I found CLI command "show interfaces counters" in ssh. In ssh and snmp all counters are 64-bit.

2. No the switch is not rebooting every 12 hours. It simply renews it's configuration.from dhcp every 12 hours. The router gives 24-hours licenses to clients. For example, win7 PC renews its configuration every 48 hours. So, the cisco switch should specify this period 12 hours. How to change this period in sg300?

Thanks.