cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1542D configuration

Membil
Level 1
Level 1

I’m trying to set up a pair of 1542D access points and I cannot get access to the configuration. Since both are behaving identically I assume it’s likely something I’ve missed in the, difficult to find, documentation. I’m using the “Cisco Wireless Configuration Guide, Release 8.6”. 

I’ve got the laptop Ethernet port connected to the Console RJ45 socket as the guide suggests and am running DHCP. However, all I get on the laptop is an indication that there is no connected cable and a red flashing led on the access points. So my question is, what is it that I’ve missed? Secondarily, where did I miss it?

Robert

1 Reply 1

Membil
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, first part of the problem is that there is no service port, only a console port. The documentation is far from clear that these are not synonymous ports. 

After rushing a cable I can now see the console. However, I cannot get the cli installation wizard to start and the continual complaints about “Waiting for uplink IPv4 configuration “ are obscuring the interface and making progress extremely difficult. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

BTW I am configuring w/o connecting to a network. That seems an obvious approach to me so I am left curious as do why it insists on continually informing me that the wire not connected (since the connection is Kms away in a field) is not connected. 

Robert

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card