cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1921 Router Specs Questions

jonpaderna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all this is my first post and would beg your pardon if this is not the correct place to ask.  I was looking at the datasheet for this router and came accross this:

High performance with integrated services

• The Cisco 1900 Series enables deployment in high-speed WAN environments with concurrent services enabled up to 15 Mbps.

What does this mean really?    Please forgive my ignorance.  I do know that this router has two Gig ports, and two EHWIC module banks that can accomodate a further 4 or 8 additional Gig ports.  So my question is why is this saying its only 15Mbps?  Is this the router throughput? 

I also noticed on different routers say the 3900 its value is at 350Mbps.  Thanks in advanced for any assistance. 

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

It means the 1921s are (sort of) guaranteed to provide up to 15 Mbps of throughput even with every bell and whistle active.

I've attached a Cisco document that discusses performance of the later series ISRs.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card