Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2511 Router in Boot Loop - Need Help

Hi,

I have a cisco 2511 Access server. About 5 days ago the router started showing errors of DRAM memory dump and the server used to reboot about 10-15mins. so i figured it was a error with the DRAM and i replaced the DRAM. Now the error shows as

Local Timeout (control reg=0x118) Error, address: 0x21002EE at 0x111756E (PC)

After showing this error message the router reboots and does not even let me break the boot procedure and enter the ROMMON mode to check if there is a problem with the configuration file.

I even tried using the old DRAM and booting, but the same error message continues. I tried Ctrl + Break, Break, Ctrl + C to break and enter the rommon mode but does not respond and the router goes into a continious loop.  [I have attached the screenshot of the router booting loop]

Request your help in resolving this issue.

3 Replies 3

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vidya,

Try booting the router and ignore the config, this could be because of a NVRAM issue.If this doesnt help then you have to RMA the device.

It looks to me that Either the Flash is bad or the slot where the Flash is populated is bad. In case the Flash is bad then  replacing the Flash would resolve our problem. Incase the slot is bad then the chassis has to be replaced. I hope this answers your concerns.

Solution:

========-

- RMA the device.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*plz rate the usefull posts.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. However two questions:

1. How do i RMA the device and what is the procedure? Since i bought this used device off e-bay do i still have RMA rights?

2. i do have 2 flash chips, i tried permutation and combination using each flash in each slot and booting the router but the error continues.

HI Vidyasagar,

1- You need to have hardware contract for the device to get RMA from cisco system.

2- If 2 Flash has been used then it indicates the device is faulty as i stated.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card