Views
Helpful
Replies

2610XM Terminal Server Issues

mredwarren
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone, 

I am a newbie to the forum. I recently purchased a lab kit that has 2 x 3560 and 2 x 2960 (one 2960 is PoE). I have a 2610XM Access Server connected to all routers and switches however there is a problem I am experiencing with 3560's. 

1. First I noticed that only the lights for the routers and the 2960 PoE switch are illuminated on the access server NM-32A card.

2. I do a show sessions to see my connections and I see all three 1841's, which I can connect to fine with no problems but when I attempt to connect both 3560 switches it just hangs forcing me to escape back to the access server. I have no problem connecting to both 2960 switches.

3. I look at the sessions again and I see the connection for the 3560-1 but again I cannot access it. The same happens for the second 3560 as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you check the console ports on the 3560s to make sure they are configured exactly like the 2960s?

HTH

I finally got it to work but then both 3560's begin locking up for some reason. One suggested to disable the flow control. I will try that next.

Thanks

In general the console ports of IOS devices do not support flow control on their console ports. I have experienced situations where having flow control configured on the terminal server did cause problems with connections to those console ports. So disabling flow control would be a logical next step.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card