cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 - Avaya IP phone - Port security problem

dchavarria
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a problem with a Switch 2960 and a telephone Avaya, its activate the command port securit, the topology is Switch 2960 port + Avaya telephone + PC and the configuration the port is:

Interface FastEthernet0/16

description PHONE-DEVTORO-PC

switchport mode access

switchport port-security maximum 2

switchport port-security

keepalive 4

!

Each time this port is down and the log say:

.Oct  2 19:03:23.559: %PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: psecure-violation error detected on Fa0/16, putting Fa0/16 in err-disable state
.Oct  2 19:03:23.568: %PORT_SECURITY-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION: Security violation occurred, caused by MAC address 0027.0000.0000 on port FastEthernet0/16.
.Oct  2 19:03:23.568: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/16, changed state to down
.Oct  2 19:03:25.573: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/16, changed state to down

I cant understand why this port is down, if only 2 devices ar connected to this por (Avaya Telephone and 1 PC), please how I can solucionated this issue. Thank you

David Chavarria

2 Replies 2

Wilson Bonilla
Level 3
Level 3

Hello David.

Based on the logs, the mac address 00.27.00 belongs to Shenzhen Siglent Technology Co..

Did you check the physical connections? please verify it's in deed just a ip phone and PC daisy chain connected.

Please post the output of the command

Show port-security interface fa0/16.

Can you disconnect the PC and run the command Show mac address-table interface Fa0/16, share the output.

Regards.

Wilson B.

Jaime Gonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The phone boots on the DATA vlan and the VOICE vlan.

MAC security need to be set to allow MAX 3 addresss or more.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card