cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 PoE Does not Deliver PoE

Daniel Smith
Level 1
Level 1

We had an IPT conversion last Friday, and a 3560-48 PoE switch just would not deliver any power. Tried a reload, shut/no-shut the ports, and no power inline/power inline auto on all ports configurations. I wonder if there is some kind of internal fuse that might be to blame for this? The device is out of warranty. Thanks.

8 Replies 8

tsakumar79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The total avialable inline power in is 370.0(w) in the switch. The same can be observed from the following output " sh power inline " from the switch.

If the Used power is comlpetely used, there would be no free inline power to be used for new PoE connections.

Pls refer to the below document for your support and understanding on " Troubleshooting PoE" .

" http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/troubleshooting/power_over_ethernet.html "

It is not a question of the switch is providing some PoE, and is maxed out, this device provides no PoE despite being a PoE capable switch.

Hi,

I ran into the same problem when we deployed polycom starfish on our LAN. What VoIP devices are you deploying? Could you try the interface command below and test again.

Switch(config-if)#media-type rj45

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Can you provide a interface configuration of one of the ports that wouldn't deliver PoE?

Can you also provide the output of "sh power inline" please?

Daniel Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions contained in this post. I had to reboot this device yesterday while connected to the console port. I noticed the boot up testing process report a Failure during test of the PoE feature. Advice from our accounts SE is that this is a hardware issue and nothing to do with config.

Hi

You have to power-cycle the Switch, then it works fine (as workaround)

We currently have a TAC Case opened for this issue.

Cisco SR 684429477 for the 3560 POE issue

And we have this bug fixed with a firmware upgrade to 15.2(4)E6

Cisco Support Case #684099160 (Cisco 2960XR) 

Hi,

try to do hard-reload which means physically remove power cables, let switch goes down. Then power it on after few seconds. Soft-reload (by reload command) may not help every time.

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Thanks, that was exactly what I meant by "power cycle", because that solves the problem at least temporarily.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card