Views
Helpful
Replies

3650 SISF Switcher Packet Queue full

Mkvts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

We are running a couple of 3650 with software version: 16.6.5.

This morning I've enabled DHCP snooping on some of those switches, DHCP snooping was running fine and the database was filled with entries, after a few hours the switch was suddenly unreachable on it's management VLAN.

Other switches can still see the switch with CDP but we cannot access it anymore. In the logging we find the following message:
SISF Internal error, Switcher Packet Queue full.

Not all switches with the same software version have this issue. It's a bit strange but I've encountered 2 of them.

Is there any known bug related to this? Did anyone experience this before? Can anybody explain what is happening?
The CPU load and memory load was fine. After a reboot switch is working fine again inc. DHCP snooping.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Can be a bug (indeed) ; always useful to verify against latest advisory https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286309910/type/282046477/release/Gibraltar-16.12.9 and compare  , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Didn't have time to upgrade, yesterday the switch crashed again on me.
I have some other 3650 which could show this problem, will update them before.

Just replaced it with a new C9300, working as a charm. Thanks for your help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card