Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X 1GB ports not coming up

dhiraj.gokeda
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

I have hardcoded 1GB ports on 3750X to 1000 and full duplex for all servers connected. THe ports are not coming up with this speed and duplex settings. If I configure them to 100, I am able to see the port is up.

Whereas if i connect the same servers to 2950 switches, i can see the ports working fine with 1000 speed

Has anyone faced this situation before....we have tried with the latest universal IOS as well

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What is the part number for the Gig SFP?

HTH

Hi Reza,

1000Base-T - RJ-45 for

WS-C3750X-48T-L

Hi,

If you do a

sh interfaces transceiver pro

does it show the port as 10/100/1000?

see example below

Name : Gi1/0/3

Administrative Speed: auto

Administrative Duplex: auto

Administrative Auto-MDIX: on

Administrative Power Inline: enable

Operational Speed: auto

Operational Duplex: auto

Operational Auto-MDIX: on

Media Type: 10/100/1000BaseTX

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have hardcoded 1GB ports on 3750X to 1000 and full duplex for all servers connected. THe ports are not coming up with this speed and duplex settings. If I configure them to 100, I am able to see the port is up.

I know exactly what this is all about.  You mentioned this is a copper link, right?  Well Ethernet is composed of four pairs of wire strand.  Pair "D" controlls GigabitEthernet and if this is short or faulty, you won't get GigabitEthernet.

The fastest way to test is to run a TDR line test. 

Leo, But this is with all our cables/servers. The switches,servers, cables are brand new cat6

Reza, I would find out and let you know. I am working remote.

Leo, But this is with all our cables/servers. The switches,servers, cables are brand new cat6

Sorry, I've heard of this line before.  I have seen brand new cables, directly from the factory, with bad termination.

Give it a try.  Please prove me wrong. 

Also Try Using Negotiation Auto under the interface and see what its geotiates to.

If this Dont solves that 3 Option to try

Change branded cable

Check Cable distance between swich and Server .Try reduring it if poffible

Try using another Port of the swich to confirm SFP is perfectly fine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: