Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X, IP Base and Netflow

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

Learned collegues.

Question for those with more ability to read Cisco's convoluted specification sheets than I do!

I have a 3750X running IP Base. I want to enable netflow on the uplink interface - which is on one of the fixed ports (g1/0/48) in router (no switchport) mode.

From what I've read, Googled and tried to find, this isn't supported on the fixed ports - if I was running my uplink on one of the ports in the NM-1G expandion module it would work?

Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it *should* work ont he fixed ports, can anyone point me to a config example?

Thanks and Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Darren,

Your understanding is correct. According to the config guide, it only works on devices that have network service module installed, which usually is used to for uplinking the switch:

From the config guide:

Flexible  NetFlow is supported only on the Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X switch  running the IP base or IP services feature set and equipped with the  network services module. It is not supported on switches running the NPE  or the LAN base image.

Here is the config guide with sample config:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15.0_1_se/configuration/guide/swmnetflow.html

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Darren,

Your understanding is correct. According to the config guide, it only works on devices that have network service module installed, which usually is used to for uplinking the switch:

From the config guide:

Flexible  NetFlow is supported only on the Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X switch  running the IP base or IP services feature set and equipped with the  network services module. It is not supported on switches running the NPE  or the LAN base image.

Here is the config guide with sample config:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15.0_1_se/configuration/guide/swmnetflow.html

HTH

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

Darren Gibbs wrote:

Learned collegues.

Question for those with more ability to read Cisco's convoluted specification sheets than I do!

I have a 3750X running IP Base. I want to enable netflow on the uplink interface - which is on one of the fixed ports (g1/0/48) in router (no switchport) mode.

From what I've read, Googled and tried to find, this isn't supported on the fixed ports - if I was running my uplink on one of the ports in the NM-1G expandion module it would work?

Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it *should* work ont he fixed ports, can anyone point me to a config example?

Thanks and Cheers

Reza.

Yeah, I thought that was the case - funny thing is the switch allows you to create the flow definitions - record, exporter, monitor etc - but as soon as you try to apply it to an interface it politely says "get stuffed".

Unfortunately, it appears only to work with the 10 gig network modules - the 1 gig one I've got just doesn't cut the mustard.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board. :-)

Cheers.

jakewilson
Level 1
Level 1

Without the 3KX module, the only NetFlow the 3750X supports is something called Smart Logging Telemetry

Sergey Prishchepa
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have 3750x with the module c3kx-sm-10g. Netflow configured on fixed port.

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan all

switchport mode trunk

ip flow ingress

!

ip flow-export version 9

ip flow-export destination 192.168.1.10 6666

Use to collect NetFlow Analyzer 9.8.6, but nothing. With the collection of other devices all right. What could be the problem?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card