cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X Rolling Stack Upgrade/Update

Jeff Schaefer
Level 1
Level 1

This feature doesn't work as advertised on the Release Notes and other documentation.  After 12 hrs of lab work and a tlwo day support call to TAC, they finally came back to me that:

IOS Upgrade works well if you use the command force-reload, without force-reload, it won't work.  --"of course with this command the complete stack will go down and the purpose of RSU will not serve"   

Then they pointed me to a bug that I could not find in the bug tracker unless I searched by the bug ID number ??   CSCua78897

Unfortunately this bug has a closed status and is not slated to be fixed ? 

My purpose of this post:

I hope someone doesn't waste two days of their lives trying to figure out what is wrong when all it would take is a small update in either the release notes or   config guide or ANYWHERE just not hide the bug from the masses. 

Thanx for the vent....

2 Replies 2

Lol thanks for the heads up. Just deployed a couple of 3750x stacks and will look out for this in the future

Here is my blog post from March12th...sorry you missed it, hope it helps others....

I decided to document the steps as I couldn't find the exact process on the interwebs.  It's posted on my blog @

http://tech13.com/blog/2013/3/13/main1

Hope this helps.

Tech13

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card