cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X Stack Issue

shamg1974
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is having a problem with stacking 3750X's. They recently purchased a batch of 3750X's that could not be stacked with their original 3750X stack.

The current working stack has a production month of December and was v.01. The new batch of 3750X's has a production month of January and is v.02.

Has anyone heard of this before? Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Bobby Grewal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

The only thing that comes to mind is if all the switches have the same licensing ?

Lan and ip base are not stackable together.

Lan base will only stack with Lan base and Ip-base will stack with anything previous and Ip-base or higher.

Other than that I do not know but might be a hardware problem.

Good luck

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bobby,

That should not be an issue.  All different models are 3750s are stackable. In your case the old and the new once are all 3750X, so there should be any problem stacking them together.  You may have bad stacking cable or the pins are not fully engaged.  So, undo the stacking cable and redo them by making sure the pins are all the way in.

HTH

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

The only thing that comes to mind is if all the switches have the same licensing ?

Lan and ip base are not stackable together.

Lan base will only stack with Lan base and Ip-base will stack with anything previous and Ip-base or higher.

Other than that I do not know but might be a hardware problem.

Good luck

HTH

Thanks hobbe!

That was it...

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM, hobbe <

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card