Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 stuck in booting up

Der
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

Is there anyone encountered this problem with a standalone switch?

it stuck on this

Booting...

Interface GE 0 Link down***ERROR: PHY link is down

The "IP_ADDR" environment variable is not set.

stuck.PNG

and it's not functioning.

I cannot also go to rommon mode and it has amber light indicator Syst Actv XPS S-Power.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Study and review https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/117552-technote-cat3850-00.html
             Look for instance at the emergency install option , (with or without factory reset)
             Read the complete document too.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi @marce1000 I have already access the switch by pressing the mode button in front for at least 10second and already did the USB recovery also the emergency recovery.

After I booted the flash bin it suddenly stuck and it will turn on the amber light indicator on Syst Actv XPS S-Power.

Do you think it's hardware issue?

Please see the image. stuck.PNG

- Looks more and more like a hardware problem to me (indeed) ; you may also try a full power cycle with cold start and attach a console first. Look at the self test sequence for instance , watch for errors , if any , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Der
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I don't know what happened but this commands worked to me.

"SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=1" followed by the command "boot".

Thanks for the helps. Appreciated!

[SOLVED]

- Great to see that the device became alive , not sure if you can keep that setting for production and or after configuring and saving to startup configuration , you may need to set the value back to 0

M.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In ROMMON, post the complete output to the command "set". 

If the switch is able to boot the OS, post the complete output to the command "sh romvar".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card