cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4500 blade comparison

ciscors
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, I need to get a good blade with least oversubscription and am debating between WS-X4306-GB vs. WS-X4506-GB-T

I don't need the POE features or the copper capability out of the blade (just need GBIC connections)

Can someone tell me if the 4506 has better line rate or port buffers or anything performance-wise which leads over the 4306 module?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You wrote "need GBIC connections", but it appears the 4506 use SFP.

On the face of it, both card slook similar in performance, i.e. 6 gig ports at line rate, as found in: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_data_sheet0900aecd802109ea.html

PS:

If the SFP isn't an issue, and since features/performance appears the same, you may want to price out both cards and connectors.

szahid
Level 3
Level 3

Performance wise , there is no difference between the line cards , except the fact that 4506 offers SFP/ Copper option. Both line cards provide 6 Gig non blocking performance. In 4500 , buffering happens at the supervisor level and not at the Line card level , so its same as well for both cards.

Thanks

Salman.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco