Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4506-E interfaces on Sup 6E

Hello everyone,

We currently have a 4506-E chassis, Sup 6E, that is using the Gb twin adapters (Gb1/3-6)  for the interfaces on the supervisor.  These adapters can obviously be replaced with X2 adapters to utilize 10Gb (Te1/1-2)  There are two slots so that would give 2 x 10Gb OR 4 x 1Gb.

My question is this:  We're currently using a 1Gb up-link configured on Gb1/3 (would be Te1/1 if 10Gb).  We're in the process of migrating to 10Gb for this closet so we want to pre-configure the interfaces.  Can I configure te1/1 and te1/2 without screwing up the interface that's currently being used for the up-link (Gb1/3)?  I'd like to go ahead and create a port-channel config with te1/1-2 so that all we have to do is replace the transceivers and fiber jumpers when the time comes.  I'm aware that there is a hw-module command that will need to be issued to change the transceiver type in the config as well.  

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That is correct. The 10Gig interfaces will be te1/1 and 1/2. So, you should be able to configure these interfaces ahead of time and before the migration.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That is correct. The 10Gig interfaces will be te1/1 and 1/2. So, you should be able to configure these interfaces ahead of time and before the migration.

Good luck!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card