cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4507R-E Not powering on

jgr208
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4507E-R all set up with one power module. When I press the power on the following lights are seen

INPUT OK: Solid Green

FAN OK: LED turns GREEN then off quickly and back on again quickly along with fan spinning up each time LED turns green (fan is working)

OUTPUT FAIL: Solid RED

What does this combo of lights mean? I am also using this kind of power cord and am not sure if that could be causing the issue as I do not have 20A outlets.

12 Replies 12

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the 4500 series, you usually need 208v power. What type of power supplies you have installed and what is wattage?

How about power cords?

HTH

The power cord looks correct but you need 220 and not 120.

So as I was thinking probably underpowered is causing the issue?

I have a PWR-C45-1400AC and using a 20A to 15A power cord

Try it with 20A power cord.

HTH

I don't have any 20A outlets though being the issue. Any way to solve besides getting a 20A outlet installed?

15A is used for smaller switches e.g 3650, 3750, 3850, etc.. For larger switches with higher wattage, you need 220 power with 20A cord.

HTH

Thanks for the input. This is what sucks about the whole working from home. Sounds like I need to talk to my apartment complex about getting a 20A unless the power plug for my washer/dryer works

the power plug for my washer/dryer works

The power plug for washer/dryer is usually a 220V with a 3 prong connection and not a c19-c20 that can be plugged into the psu. So, I am afraid that will not work.

HTH

You are right. Guess I will be talking to my apartment maintaience when they can start doing work again.

ANURAJ.R
Level 1
Level 1
It may be the problem of voltage switching on Mode.You need 20A Power Chord for 4507.Otherwise chance to be the switching MOSFET Damage on your board

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
OUTPUT FAIL: Solid RED

The power supply is dead.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: