cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 and supervisor errors

weeks.matthew
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a pair of 6509 switches running IOS Version 12.2(33)SXH4. on them. I've been receiving the following errors on the Primary Switch:

%CONST_DIAG-SP-4-ERROR_COUNTER_WARNING: Module 6 Error counter exceeds threshold, system operation continue.

%CONST_DIAG-SP-4-ERROR_COUNTER_DATA: ID:42 IN:0 PO:255 RE:200 RM:255 DV:2 EG:2 CF:10 TF:853

For the most part nothing happens, but from time to time the switch quits responding and when the secondary switch tries to take over it isn't able to do it fully. The primary HSRP address can be reached as well as the IP of the secondary switch, but things don't completely failover. The primary switch can be seen from the secondary switch using the CPD neighbors command, but not via IP.

I've seen the error in the past on another switch and cisco's solution was to replace the supervisor.

Any thoughts or ideas as to why the errors are causing the sup. to behave like this or as to why the HSRP isn't failing?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Matt,

in C6500 error message guide

first error is described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/12_2sx/system/messages/sm2sx01.html#wp1031599

or

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sx/system/messages/sm2sx01.html#wp1031599

the second message is related to the first and reports the data of the failed health monitoring test.

I guess you have the supervisor in slot6 of this chassis.

the recommendation is to try to look for known bugs posting the second error message

But nothing can be found doing this.

I think you should open a service request and they will probably suggest you to change it.

Also because you have seen it behaving badly.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card