Views
Helpful
Replies

7606 Router wit 4 Gig Module

Jacob Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer using 7606 Router, now they are requesting for another router of same series. I can see only 7606S chasis now in the configurator.

Is 7606 and 7606S are fully compatible with modules / line cards? Can I use 7606 and 7606S together in a redundant solution?

Also the customer is asking for 4 port Gig Module, which I am not able to find from Cisco modules. is it available with Cisco?

Appreciate your quick response

Thanks and regards

Sunny

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have a customer using 7606 Router, now they are requesting for another router of same series. I can see only 7606S chasis now in the configurator.

Is 7606 and 7606S are fully compatible with modules / line cards? Can I use 7606 and 7606S together in a redundant solution?

Also the customer is asking for 4 port Gig Module, which I am not able to find from Cisco modules. is it available with Cisco?

Appreciate your quick response

Thanks and regards

Sunny

Hi Sunny,

There are few difference can be listed between 7606 and 7606s which are as follows

As part of the Cisco 7600 Series, the Cisco 7606-S Router is an enhancement on the highly successful 6-slot chassis (Cisco 7606). This enhanced chassis delivers numerous  design improvements, including:

1) Improved failover mechanisms in the hardware, which when paired with the proper Cisco IOS® Software image can achieve 100 ms failover.

2) High-speed fan tray module with five speeds on a side-to-side airflow design .

3) Better thermal flow measurement and management.

4) Ability to deliver higher power of up to 750W per slot.

5) The power supplies supported on the Cisco 7606-S are the 2700W AC and DC power supplies.

Check out the below link on Datasheet also for 7606s

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps368/ps371/product_data_sheet0900aecd8057f3c8.pdf

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card