Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We experience a strange issue with a non Cisco IP phone and a PC in combination with 802.1X and LLDP.The setting: The IP Phone (Avaya) must authenticate via 802.1X, the PC attached via the IP phone doesn't use 802.1xThe Cisco switch is a Catalyst ...

typeren by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a problem with creation domain VTP between two equipments cisco, a Cisco 6506 and a Cisco 4506The two equipments are relied with a fiber optic and trunking ports is configured in each equipment.I want to create 2 domain VTP.You can see the ...

Does the 6500 line cards (6748-GE) suport egress shaping ?Also does it support rate limit of unknown destination mac ...Can someone let me know the commands for the sameAmbi

ambi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI had a strange problem with 6513 switcheswe have two  6513 switches. I removed access-list100 and modified in 2nd switch no problem for me, but when I did that in first switch, it went down and I connected console cable and I copied from startup-c...

Hello,I'm trying to figure out how switch work with and without QoS. Let say that I would like to enable QoS  on 3750 in a way to speed up VoIP traffic. I enable priority queue, Q1, for VoIP traffic (Cos 5, DSCP  46). As you enable QoS (for egress) y...

helenio by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have dark fiber from Site1 to Site2 and from Site2 to Site 3, so Site2 is only a "bridge" site. My problem is that at Site3 I need to have separated T1's. The distance from Site1 to Site2 is around 50 miles, and from Site2 to Site3 is less than 30 ...

LiRuPerez by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody,Since last Thursday, one of the Nexus 7000 connected to the land started throwing the error:%MODULE-4-MOD_WARNING: Module 4 (serial: JAF1402ADBA) reported warning due to EOBC heartbeat failure in device 10 (device error 0xc000504f)But I ...

HiI just started a new job and the want me to build an ntp server so that all the Cisco gear can get the correct time.Can you tell me how would i go about creating this and my thanks in advance.