cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

857 wireless ISR

mbluemel
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed several 857w ISR's and find that the wireless tends to be very flaky. I have now got one set-up in a lab environment and find that the wireless connection varies in quality even when I am right next to it. Often the link drops completely. I have tried different versions of IOS but nothing seems to solve it. Has anyone else had this problem and was there any resolution?

4 Replies 4

Hello,

can you specify what problems you are running into (e.g. slow web access) ? Also, can you post the configuration of your 857 router ?

Regards,

GP

Hi

The problem is that the wireless seems to fluctuate right across the board. 1mbps - 54mbps and sometimes nothing. I will post the config in the morning as I have it running in a lab at home.

Hello,

in any case, check if there is some sort of electromagnetic interference, such as mobile or wireless phones. Also, do you use WEP encryption ? Possibly, if your router is not secured, somebody else might be 'stealing' your bandwidth...

Regards,

GP

There is a wireless phone in the same office but I have never had a problem when using a Linksys AP. Both are using wep.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card