Views
Helpful
Replies

Activation of DNA Advantage License

richard101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

We have just purchased 4 Devices with DNA Advantage 3 yr License and I have been told to activate its license to each device. But upon looking with instructions on the internet I always end up wondering how it is really setup. Could you please walk me through the process. Always grateful to all of your help. 

5 Replies 5

pieterh
VIP
VIP

probably you refer to Cisco Smart Licensing

1) you need to  have a Cisco Smart account

the licenses you purchased will be assigned to this account by Cisco or your supplier

2) login to software.cisco.com to verify the license is attached to your smart account

3) on your device you configure smart-call home to register at software.cisco.com

the device needs to have access to software.cisco.com to make this easy.

4) licenses are assigned to devices as needed

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Do you have a DNA appliance?
If you don't or don't intend to have one, then don't worry about it.

Hi is the DNA Appliance you are talking is the one we have here which is the Catalyst 9300 24ports Network Advantage that comes with C9300 DNA Advantage with 3 yr term license? or something else we need to purchase?

@rjdatamatics16944 wrote:

Hi is the DNA Appliance you are talking is the one we have here which is the Catalyst 9300 24ports Network Advantage that comes with C9300 DNA Advantage with 3 yr term license? or something else we need to purchase?

DNA Centre is an appliance that will eventually replace Cisco Prime Infrastructure (once they iron out the bugs).
This appliance is aimed at large to very, very large enterprises because it is very, very, very expensive.

If you are not planning to get one, don't worry about it.  Cisco has made DNAC license mandatory for every purchase.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card