Views
Helpful
Replies

All stack members are masters - C2960x

mustafaa085
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have an issue in Cisco C2960x where I have found that all the stack members are MASTER after power interruption. The switches are working fine but I can't remote SSH to the stack. Whenever I try to remote I get "Connection was reset" error. 

I don't want to to restart the switch since its an operation 24/7 area and I cant login thru console as I don't have the password. 

can you help me pls. 

Thank you

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...that all the stack members are MASTER after power interruption
                                   How do you know that ?

>...(SSH access not possible) ..>and I cant login thru console as I don't have the password.
                              Then you are dead-locked!

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi marce, 

I know its all master because physically I can see the MASTER display all turned light for all members. 

mustafaa085
Level 1
Level 1

An Update, it seems restarting the stack physically (by removing the cables) solved the issue. The stack restarted and only 1 is master and the rest are members.

Also the SSH preoplem is resolved now.

Thank you

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@mustafaa085 wrote:
Whenever I try to remote I get "Connection was reset" error. 

Split brain. 

Two (or more) machines are sharing the same IP addresses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card