Views
Helpful
Replies

Apricorn Aegis Secure Key vs USB config file upload

Lily
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have to use secure USB flash drive at the office to carry files around, including if we want to transit config file for equipment.

We are currently thinking about acquiring Apricorn Aegis Secure Key 8gb (Apricorn Aegis Secure Key 3 NX 8GB, ASK3-NX-8GB).

I was wondering if anybody had experience with Apricorn Aegis Secure Key in regards to using those flash drives to input, via USB port, IOS or config file into Cisco equipment like Catalyst 2960-XR or 3650 or 3850. Are those secure flash drives compatible with Cisco equipment? The manufacturer confirmed me that they should… but I was wondering if anybody had use them for that purpose?

We have made some previous test with an encrypted USB flash drive with password protected vault, like Kingston 4 gb DataTraveler vault privacy 3.0, and came up empty. The drive can't be read due to the password on the vault or the none FAT format required by the security feature.

We were wondering if the encrypted USB flash drive protected by pin with a keypad would be compatible since the pin is on the drive and not regulated by a software inside?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Plug the USB flash drive into the port and observe what the logs say.
Whether the USB flash drive is supported or not, it will say in the logs.
WARNING: Make sure the test appliance is NOT in production.

Thank you Leo,

We did think of that, but before going through the headache of the acquisition process for one key, at a $100, that might not work, I was curious to know if anybody had input?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card