Views
Helpful
Replies

Azure Connectivty issue

Bab L
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We have installed a 3850 cisco switch with IP servcies in the DC. One connection goes to our WAN and the other one to the Azure (There are two other unrealted to the issue). When we initially set ip up with BGP, the routes would go pass the switch into Azure or the other way around. When we add it static routes or default information orginate we could get to Azure and Azure to us. The problem was that all traffic from Azure went through our WAN which is not what we are after. To overcome the problem, we have added static routes to the dwitch for all subnets required to go through our WAN. Also, we have a default route that goes into the WAN but that seem to work. We need to overcome this issue without implicating Azure into it.

My question is: Is there a better way to do this other than static routing?

Bare in mind that we do not know or control the Azure end.

I have attached a quick diagram that includes routing table and how bgp is conifgured.

Any feedback would be great.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

lendelohit1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bab L,

I have read your question carefully,Here is the solution that you can implement on 3850 switch 

You can use route map along with  weight metrics say as 200 on 3850 switch such a way that all traffic from azure towardsWAN should flow from 3850 switch 

1. Create access list for WAN network access-list 1 permit 10.18.29.16 0.0.0.7

2. Create (1).route map xyz permit 10  (2). match address 1 (3). Set weight  2000

4. Create another route map so as to drop other traffic.(Route-map xyz permit 20)

5. Now add filter so as to where to apply (1).router bgp *** neighbor 10.29.18.2 remote-as **** in  

Regards,

Lohit Lende

Spooster IT Services.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card