Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth struggles

DJSchum01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All -

I have an issue that concerns periodic bandwidth issues when accessing the internet and when utilizing Citrix. We recently had a vendor come in and install a new Nexus 5k core switch with a FEX connected to move the remaining physical 1GB equipment to. We moved from a Cisco 6509 Core and have a 2950 that is acting as a Red DMZ zone in the network. When the Nexus 5k was installed we ran a single port between the Red DMZ and the FEX to provide access to the Red DMZ Zone. Once the Core was switched over we started to get reports of slow and sluggish Citrix performance from external users that go through the Red DMZ zone. Internal access is fine as it is utilizing the Nexus connections to the Access switches on the floors. My question is this, would adding additional connections between the Red DMZ Zone switch and the FEX reduce what is believed to be a bandwidth bottleneck?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

D Schumacher

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What happens if you temporarily move the Citrix box connection to the Nexus 5K.  The reason why I'm asking is because there are certain configuration that needs to be enabled on the FEX uplink.  This is particularly true when you have multiple/etherchannel uplinks.  Some people don't know that there's a configuration that forces all traffic down a single link and another configuration to send all traffic down all the link. 

I do not have that luxury. From the Nexus 5k there is a FEX connected which has a single port connected to the 2950. I want to copy the configuration to 3 other ports and do the same on the 2960 and create an ether channel between the 2. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card