cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bash Prompt on Nexus 6001

mmarvel
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody seen this or know how to get the switch to boot back into NX-OS?  We upgraded a pair of Nexus 6001s to 6.0(2)N2(1)... one came up fine, the other keeps coming up to a BASH-3.2# prompt and we appear to have full root access.

I'm guessing this is not normal behavior but I'm trying to see if anybody has seen this while we get TAC on it.  I attached a screenshot for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks.                  

3 Replies 3

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Hi there,

I have same behaviour on a pair of Nexus 5500. I've found a bug related to this CSCub38011 (

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCub38011) and it appears it's due to expired FC license. Have you solved that? Any way to boot from bash to upgrade the device with a new version not affected by this bug as related in the description of it?

Regards.

The bug that you have posted is just for N5k. The correct one for the N6k is CSCuh28244. For N5k, we need to write erase and reload to bring the box back up.

Thanks,

Richard.

Richard Michael
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I am from TAC. you are hitting a bug. CSCuh28244

Symptom:

Nexus 6000 might experience unexpected reload when the switch is getting booted up after being upgraded using

install all

command. It will take a long time for the switch to boot up. Instead of  booting all the way, the console will boot in bash mode. Eventually the  switch would experience a crash.

Conditions:

Issue happens after upgrading switch from

6.0(2)N1(2)

to

6.0(2)N2(1)

and when using

install all

command to upgrade.

Workaround:

power cycle the switch to restore services.

Thanks,

Richard

* Rate if this is useful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card