Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP announce only to specific neighbor

Map23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello forum,

is there a method for create a specific announce only for one neighbor on BGP session ? A possible solution can be filter in / out for neighbors but if is possible I won't avoid modifications on actual neighbors' configuration. 

The problem is that I want diffentiate announce for neigbors but in BGP is usable only one session.

Maybe the solution can be "BGP peer groups"......

I wish that I explained well the problem.

Thank you for your help, and best wishes for new year.

4 Replies 4

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can create a prefix list matching on the subnets that you want to advertise, create a route map matching on that prefix list, and then apply it outbound on the neighbor statement. BGP peer groups are used when you have a "like" set of parameters between multiple peers. You create your paramaters and then assign a neighbor to that peer group.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add to John's reply.

You can use a filter but you would need to apply it to all neighbors as you say. A BGP peer group could help but it would mean you having to reconfigure all the existing neighborships so it is disruption ie. if all the neighbors that you did not want to receive the route were in the same peer group you could apply just the one filter to that peer group and it would apply to all neighbors.

But as i say that would mean more config than simply adding a filter to each neighbor to not advertise the specific route.

Jon

Map23
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you to all,

if I understand, there is no way for create an exclusive announce for specific group of peers.

I can only configure filters for existing neighbors and new neighbor. Right ?

Thanks

Map23
Level 1
Level 1

Dear forum,

can you confim me that BGP MTR can be a possibile solution?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card