cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast storm, loop, flood how to find from where the dissasters camming?

tanner.zaitt
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, how can I find, what is wrong with my network?

My topology is with access Cisco switches, distribution switches and Cisco  core switches but the Cisco core switches they are in stack.
And everything was fine..

Now we migrated old core Cisco switches to new Juniper core QFX and EX. switches in  stack in ring topology, two QFX are In one location like one stack, two QFX are in other location and one QFX in other location.
And all 5 QFX are in stack like one in ring topology.

In Juniper QFX we create Link aggreggation with lacp and we connect all our cisco equipment with channel groups (port channels in lacp mode) to new Juniper QFX  core switches.

And the network is too slow  now...

The problem is all our end user systems in access level work so slowly ...

The all our network is toooooooooo slow..............................

How can we troubleshot the problems?

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

For testing, can you try and not use Portchannel. Just use one or 2 physical links.

Also, is the traffic slow when using Cisco equipment or Juniper equipment by themselves?

HTH

Also, how is stp configured on all devices? What is the root?  What devices are layer-2 only and what devices are layer-2/3?

HTH

We tried without aggregation and the situation is the same.

Layer  2 and 3 are only Juniper QFX core switches.
Layer 2 are all cisco distribution and access switches.
STP is fine and well configured.

We are close to solve our problem, we found in one switch in our network unicast and
broadcast activity from Hp thin client witch windows 7 embedded system.

The pings in all our network now is okay and all systems now operate normally.
The monitor messages on Juniper core switch now we receive them in time.

We turned off all our Cisco switches in our network and we started to turn them one by one and we find the switch from where the problems are started.
We played with it, first we turned off it and we saw that the our network is fine, we turned on it and we saw that our network  is not okay.
We find in access ports of this switch Hp thin clients with Windows 7 Embedded.
Soon we will analyze them with Wireshark....

Why and how these unicast and broadcast from n hp thin clients can down all our network....to slow performance..

Hello,

to be on the safe side, turn on unicast/broadcast storm control on the Cisco access switch ports. The question is why the HP Thin Clients are causing problems. Could be a bad NIC, that is the first thing I would check...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card