cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Buying Recommendation

dpsw120
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, can you suggest me some switches 8-12 port GE with redundant power supply?

Thank you

14 Replies 14

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/small-business/selector-tool.html and https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/switch-selector.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Usually, smaller switches (8-12 ports) don't come with redundant PSUs. See table-2 in this link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3560-cx-series-switches/datasheet-c78-733229.html

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With redundant PS?  None. 

Why?  Because 12-port switch are classified as "compact" category and no one can build a compact switch with redundant power supplies.  

dpsw120
Level 1
Level 1

i'm interested with these Cisco C1000-8T-2G-L Catalyst 1000 Series Switch and C2960CX-8TC-L 8 Port which one is better?

2960C is old and will be replaced by the Catalyst 1000. 
Catalyst 2960C and Catalyst 1000 operates on the same "classic" IOS.  
Like the 2960C, Catalyst 1000 does not have redundant PS.

Thanks for the info i think i'll choose catalyst 1000. are catalyst 1000 support dna center? i want to manage with my catalyst 9200

DNAC will never support Catalyst 1000.  

oww oke thank you.

If you are looking for an 8- or 12 port switch and can be "managed" by DNAC, then look at 9200CX. 

If you are looking for an 8 port switch with a stable IOS, then it is Catalyst 1000.  

9200CX it's a good option but i don't know if it's available in my country, i will check to my seller.

As Leo also noted, the C1000 is a newer generation but has the same issue with PSUs. Also, a redundant power supply does not mean much if you connect 2 PSUs to the same power source.

HTH

why i would use 2 psu to the same power source? it doesn't make sense and that's not my goal. i have solution for single source devices but it would be great if i don't have to do that, but if no switch 8 to 12 port that support redundant power supply i should do my solution.

@dpsw120 wrote:

why i would use 2 psu to the same power source? it doesn't make sense and that's not my goal.

WTF.  

Look at the opening post:  can you suggest me some switches 8-12 port GE with redundant power supply

yes i search for 8-12 port switches with redundant power supply, i answer your question about connecting 2 psu to the same power source and im not connecting to the same source ofcourse i have different source LMAO i'm not dumb wanting 2 psu and connecting it to the same source 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card