Views
Helpful
Replies

C1841 router IOS upgrade using CCP

firestormnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I've tried to upgrade IOS on C1841 router (Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-IPBASE-M), Version 12.4(15)T7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3);

System image file is "flash:c1841-ipbase-mz.124-15.T7.bin")

using CCP2.5 and couldn't do it as CCP was coming with errors for any IOS. I can't install the latest 15.1 or 15.2 as there is not enough space on flash, it has 192M/64M. So I tried 12.4(24)T8 such as c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T8.bin; c1841-advsecurityk9-mz.124-24.T8.bin; c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T8.bin but CCP was showing loading errors.

So I copied c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T8.bin software to flash manually and reloaded the router, now it shows this IOS, but when I start CCP it shows these errors:

License feature cannot be discovered. This and associated features may not function correctly.

Static Route feature cannot be discovered. This and associated features may not function correctly.

Switch Port feature cannot be discovered. This and associated features may not function correctly.

I'm not sure now if that new IOS installed correctly or there is a bug in CCP.

I suppose that CCP shouln't show any errors regarding IOS upgrade and after that.

Is there a matrix or some kind of pattern for that router IOS upgrade?

Should I use a series of upgrades and I can't jump to any IOS?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

4 Replies 4

firestormnet
Level 1
Level 1

Is this question so complicated?

hi,

CCP tends to show errors even minor ones. do you have a blank startup config? i suspect it's due to that.

if i understand your question correctly, AFAIK there's no specific matrix or pattern for an IOS upgrade in ISR. as long as the 1841 CF has space, then you're good to go.

there's a tool in Cisco.com (with CCO account privilege) to check for IOS bug or you could just go directly to TAC. if you're saying if IOS could be corrupted, there's a CLI to check for that:

Router#verify flash:

OR

Router#verify /md5 flash:

Hi John.

Thank you for your reply.

Actually this router is fully configured and it's in live environment, it has dual-wan connection configured.

I was upgrading it after company's working hours.

I downloaded a few IOSs directly from Cisco website, so it can't be that all of them corrupted. If I copy them to flash in CLI there is no errors after copying.

Do you think there is a bug in CCP itself and we need to address that to Cisco?

It's just I'm afraid that if I update IOS in CLI some features wouldn't be functioning correctly or not at all as CCP gives me those errors after upgrading, and I wouldn't know about that. Is there a way to diagnose that in CLI (all features)?

Regards,

P.S. Flash verification for new IOS showed:

Embedded hash verification successful.

Hi,

Try using the latest and greatest CCP (ver 2.6 i believe) just to check if there's any difference.

Otherwise, go ahead and raise your concern with TAC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card