cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2960 is not booting after Firmware upgrade.

Swajith
Level 1
Level 1

HI there 

my switch is not booting after upgrade the firmware, even if i connect putty via console nothing is showing.

The problem happened after apply the "reload" commend 

see the details below

SVR-SWITCH#show flash:

Directory of flash:/

2 -rwx 2653 Dec 10 1993 19:36:09 +00:00 config.text
3 -rwx 1524 Apr 6 1993 20:24:18 +00:00 vlan.dat
4 -rwx 4274 Apr 21 1994 18:02:11 +00:00 config1.old
5 -rwx 5 Dec 10 1993 19:36:09 +00:00 private-config.text
6 -rwx 9827106 Dec 10 1993 19:42:02 +00:00 c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE12.bin
7 drwx 192 Mar 1 1993 00:06:47 +00:00 c2960-lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5

32514048 bytes total (14342656 bytes free)

SVR-SWITCH#sh boot
BOOT path-list : flash:c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE12.bin
Config file : flash:/config.text
Private Config file : flash:/private-config.text
Enable Break : no
Manual Boot : no
HELPER path-list :
Auto upgrade : yes
Auto upgrade path :
NVRAM/Config file
buffer size: 65536

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I recall (?) some time back, there was a batch of Cisco hardware (Catalyst switches?) that would work for years, fine, but would no longer reboot at some point.  Some defect in the hardware due to aging.

Don't recall any additional conditions, such has firmware updates.  But vaguely recall (?) doing a reboot, after a firmware upgrade, was when you're mostly likely to stumble into this.

An original 2960, has been around for some time now.  Before firmware update, how long since prior reboot?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Console into the switch and reboot. 

We want to see what the switch is doing during bootup.

Nothing is happened , i mean nothing is showing in the putty. When i press the mode button on the switch for few minutes there is no changes on the LED status and console output as well.

Swajith
Level 1
Level 1

Nothing is happened , i mean nothing is showing in the putty. When i press the mode button on the switch for few minutes there is no changes on the LED status and console output as well.

- Have a cold-power-cycle too, check if anything comes up when power is re-applied, look at the status of  the (system) led(s), if the device remains dead , have a factory reset.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Swajith
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply, i had reconnected the power cable but no luck which means Nothing is showing in console as well. Before i could see the system LED was stable but now no light . i mean once the power reconnect i could see all LEDs are blinking and after few second all goes to down. See the attachment for you reference. The mode button is not accepting.

- Looks like the device developed a hardware problem, not sure why this occurred during the upgrade.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

1. sh version
  2. sh post

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I recall (?) some time back, there was a batch of Cisco hardware (Catalyst switches?) that would work for years, fine, but would no longer reboot at some point.  Some defect in the hardware due to aging.

Don't recall any additional conditions, such has firmware updates.  But vaguely recall (?) doing a reboot, after a firmware upgrade, was when you're mostly likely to stumble into this.

An original 2960, has been around for some time now.  Before firmware update, how long since prior reboot?

Swajith
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks you all for the help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card