Views
Helpful
Replies

C6807 password recovery doesn't work

jonathan.lacaze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The password recovery procedure doesn't work for me on C6807.

The confreg 0x2142 and reset in rommon work but after the reboot I still have the username asked.

You'll find in attach the terminal log.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@jonathan.lacaze wrote:

There is two SUP2T-10G

I reviewed the original boot-up process and I can see that the line card is booting up as "Standby".  

The password-recovery process will only work if the line card works stand alone.  

Tell me more about this line card:  Was the line card sourced from a "used" seller?  And did the owner disable password-recovery feature?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi has , no service password recovery been enabled in the global config ?

even though this is 720 sup could be something similar happening and bypassing the password recovery if its not setup , you could try this method

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/password-recovery-confreg-0x2142-doesn-t-work/td-p/702250

I already saw and test this solution but it doesn't work for me.

During boot I never have the following log message : 00:00:03: %OIR-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to route processor.

I don't see the RP gains control. As you can see in my terminal log.

In attach you will find my terminal log for a "normal boot".

There is two SUP2T-10G

@jonathan.lacaze wrote:

There is two SUP2T-10G

I reviewed the original boot-up process and I can see that the line card is booting up as "Standby".  

The password-recovery process will only work if the line card works stand alone.  

Tell me more about this line card:  Was the line card sourced from a "used" seller?  And did the owner disable password-recovery feature?

Finally, we found the old password.
However, I tried password-recovery with two line card so I think that you are right.

Thanks for your Help.

I don't know.
Can I check this ?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Could you try the username/password of "Cisco/Cisco"?

Hi,
It doesn't work :
Username: Cisco
Password:
% Authentication failed
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card