cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CCIE R&S be breakdown into multiple exam?

Gary Triv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

I am sure, each of us who are working full time and have family/kids, find in this situation which i am currently facing and i am sure you must have some advise for me

Preparing to CCIE exam is a journey and infact a long one and it require lot to time/dedication/effort/money to keep going and i totally agree there is no short cut to learning, its come with time and investement so be it!

I am writing this question hoping to gain enough support from community memebers and CISCO's attention for considering to split this exam in smaller chunk that are more manageable and eariser to study/focus in given time frame,

Here is an example-

Rather than studying for 18+ months and doing revision mutliple times and writing one lab exam, this could be break into following 5 section -

1.0 Layer 2 Technologies
2.0 Layer 3 Technologies
3.0 VPN Technologies
4.0 Infrastructure Security
5.0 Infrastructure Services

keeping the quality of this exam same but give candicate to better prepare for this exam in smaller manageable fashion, this can give candicate a choise to clear each section at a time and take short break ( professional/personal) and return back and continue with exam and upon completion of all 5 exam, gain the elite CCIE certification, i believe since everthing is been move to virtual env ( Router/switches) either way, lab can be strucuted in this matter for cisco ccie aspirant !

Comment/suggenstion greatly apprecaited,

Thanks

Gary Triv

Sr Service Engineer

Microsoft

2 Replies 2

Hello

I think you’re missing the whole idea of the ccie - Its not just to be able to pass the exam, its to be able understand the technologies and implement not just the easiest solution but the show various ways to accomplish a resolution.

You need to be able to digest the requirement/issue, troubleshoot it and produce a solution in real time.

Time management is a vital part of this, and to take that away would in my view discredit the exam as a whole, Plus there wouldn’t be as high of a failure rate there currently is if this part of the lab exam was removed.

Lastly lets not forget the previous thousands of accredited ccie’s who have already gone through the mill to achieve their valuable well deserved number, and all those who have failed due to time management it would be totally unfair

And due to this, Unfortunately I for one would be in disagreement with your suggestion

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, Apprecaited your comment,

Few things to consider here-

1) i agree that as CCIE engineer, your are excepeted to be able to consume/digest large infromation, should be able to trobuleshoot issue in real time

But this doesn't necessary mean that if you break down exam in various part would dilute the qualtiy in any way, I worked with Azure before and i have seen the scale of network that are beyond CCIE topplogy and that are really complex :)

Idea is, to better manage the exam as whole,

2) I have very high regards for all CCIE folks who have attend there certification in past and i understand, how much they have invested in this certification, but i believe as time change, business change, requirement too changes, if more of candicate in today enviorment face this issues, i belive its worth considering, again i am not asking to remove the full- length exam, i am asking for "choice" given to candiate for either taking full/ part exam,

Hope this make sense,

Again, appricate your comment!

Thx

Gary Triv

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card