Views
Helpful
Replies

can't create access port with voice vlan via web interface on cisco 9200 switch

jackofnotrades1
Level 1
Level 1

Switch model is C9200L-24P-4G-E V01

The customer wants to use the web interface to configure a simple access port with a voice vlan for their IP phones. Let's say

interface gig1/0/1

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 10

switchport voice vlan 20

There doesn't appear to be anyway to do this in the web gui.

I configured it in the CLI to see what if the web interface would show the voice vlan but it does not. We can see the vlan is assigned to my port but there is no way to know if it is the access vlan or voice vlan.

I upgraded the software to 16.11.01. The web GUI couldn't verify the bin file either. I had to do the upgrade via CLI. Anyway after upgrading I saw an option for smart ports in the web gui. This looked good. I selected IP phone, there was a space to select the access vlan and the voice vlan. It was looking good until I tried to apply the settings but I got an error "Error in configuring: CLI line 2 Macro cisco phone does not exist". After clicking around and trying many things to get it to work in the web gui it crashed and would not respond and I needed to reload the switch.

Very poor experience so far. Can anyone help me, is there a way to configure an access port with a voice vlan ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

try a 'wr erase' from the CLI, then reboot the switch and access the switch through the GUI...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

check if any of the built-in site profiles are active (page 54 of the attached guide). All profiles automatically create a voice vlan...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/hardware/install/b-c9200-hig.pdf

Thank you for that information. I never saw the quick setup wizard screen. Is there a way to relaunch it ? After booting the switch for the first time, on CLI:

I setup a username and put an IP address on vlan 1.

Now I browsed to the web interface and login but I don't see the quick setup wizard, it just takes me to the dashboard.

- Jack

Hello,

try a 'wr erase' from the CLI, then reboot the switch and access the switch through the GUI...

I will ask the users to write erase/reboot and connect with the webgui from the beginning instead of the CLI. It would be nice to be able to tick a box "voice vlan" and select a vlan in the interface config section of the access port in the web gui. This goes the other way, if I config a voice vlan on a port on the CLI, we need to be able to see that on the webgui easily. It seems like every other setting is there. I'm shocked voice vlan is not there. Anyway thank you for your help with this issue guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card