Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750 stack members removed unexpectedly

Hi all,

Today we had two 3750 switches remove from a core switch stack of eight 3750 switches. There was no loss of power or changes made. The other switches continued to work. The message was

040667: Jan  5 09:59:43.891 AEDT: %STACKMGR-6-SWITCH_REMOVED: Switch 7 has been REMOVED from the stack
040668: Jan  5 09:59:44.168 AEDT: %STACKMGR-6-SWITCH_REMOVED: Switch 8 has been REMOVED from the stack

The version is

Cisco IOS Software, C3750 Software (C3750-IPSERVICES-M), Version 12.2(25)SEC.

I have been unable to find any likely cause. Does anyone have an idea for a cause?

Thanks

Peter

17 Replies 17

I am not able to find anything matched exactly However, the IOS that you are running has a memory leak issue. You should upgrade the stack to a newer IOS.

Just curious, does the switch stack has no ip routing configured? And do you have the syslog messages during the crash?

Regards,

jerry

vvasisth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the error message you are geeting "%STACKMGR-6-SWITCH_REMOVED: Switch" is it just for switch 7 and 8 ?

if yes then what is the status of switch 7 and 8 are they up ?

if yes the check the physical stackwise cable at the back of these switches.

or else we might be looking into a hardware issues regarding these switches but its too early to jump to any conclusion let me know once you have an update.

regards,

varun

DB556
Level 1
Level 1

This recently happened to me with a stack that's been online for about 1 year. The stack disconnected but our uplink remained intact.  Rebooting the Main switch resolved the problem. I imagine a firmware update may be necessary to prevent this from happening in the future. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card