cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS220-8T-E-2G-Switch97ECFD

Velmez
Level 1
Level 1
When the SFP is connected, the switch does not boot after a power failure.
The sfp must be disconnected before the switch boots normally.

Please help

Thank you
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Some suggestions , try another SFP - perhaps it could be partially faulty. Also use latest firmware on the switch (if applicable) and try again (check if the problem then  is or becomes persistent) , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What happens then ? Do you get an error ? Can you post a screenshot (e.g.) or attach a console , also configure a syslog server on the switch and check for error reporting on it , also when booting.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Velmez
Level 1
Level 1

i dont get any error switch just no boot no ping no diode flashes if i turn on switch whith connect SFP.

If i turn on switch whitn no connect SFT. Switch start normal and after start switch connect SFT all works well.

But if Blackaut. switch dont boot and i must turn on manualy whith disconnect SFP 

- Some suggestions , try another SFP - perhaps it could be partially faulty. Also use latest firmware on the switch (if applicable) and try again (check if the problem then  is or becomes persistent) , 

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card