cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ce-500 can't get ip address from dhcp

sam saeed
Level 1
Level 1

I followed the steps in the cisco docs.  I have to remove the config but can't access the gui as I do not know the ip address of the switch. 

This is what I tried:

I disconnected and reconnected the powercable while holding on to the setup button until system, alert, setup go amber.

The system led light began blinking green. I waited until one of the leds lights on the ports starts blinking green I then connected the ethernet cable connected to my pc.  I made sure my lan connection on my computer was set to dhcp.

In the docs claim it should take about 1 minute to grab a new ip address.  After a few minutes i check the ipconfig on my pc and I get the apipa address. 

The setup light on the switch remains green while system is amber.  The led for port 1 stopped blinking and remains green. 

My pc is not grabbing an ip address I don't know what else to do.  Anyones insight would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Reply 1

Hello,

1) change your network cable

2) check you pc doesnt have static ip addressing asigned

3) disable your sofware Fw on the PC

4) power on switch

5) When the post has completed and the SYSTEM LED is solid green,Press the SETUP button

6)When you press the SETUP button, a switch port LED begins blinking green.

7)Connect the network cable to switch and pc

8)When the SETUP LED turns green, start a internet browser session on the PC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalystexpress500/release_12.2_25_fy/quick/start/1708402.html

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate this post if it has been helpful.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card