cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 1240AG AP disconnects frequently

mrqureshi67
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Evenone, I am quite new to this, and looking for some help about my CISCO 1240AG AP.

I installed it to connect a remote location and powered it on POE.  But after an hour or so, it disconnects from the switch from where it is getting the power and thus users disconnects from the Main LAN.  What could be the possible reason and how can I resolve it?

5 Replies 5

Is it a power problem or a network problem. Mabye the

syslog on the switch (show logging) gives us some informations, ot from the AP if he doesn't lose the power.

maybe there is problem with the power auto config if yiu use it.

Thank you so much Mr. Helmer for yoru kind reply.  After the problem arises, I changed the bridge to CISCO 1300 Series with the same CISCO Catalyst 3560 PoE-8 Switch which I was using with CISCO 1240AG and now its working fine on the same network and with the same electricity conditions.

The only change I made in CISCO 1240AG was set to "Power Negotiation" mode and it was showing Full Power.  But with a sudden Electricity Cut and Resume, the bridge remains on the network but does not connect with the Switch PoE port.  Furthermore, Its not just Electricity Cut and Resume, even sometimes while working fine, it automatically disconnects the Switch and so is the LAN.

Nice to hear, welcome...

pls. don't forget to rate

Hi, my problem is not yet resolved, its just that I used the alternate Bridge.  Kindly read my previous message and if possible, give me some tips to resolve the issue.

hello,

sorry, are you able to post some syslog messages of the PoE Switch? this would help and we see why it happened.

Or you configure a static power management on the port.

"

static—Enable powered-device detection. Pre-allocate (reserve) power for a port before the switch discovers the powered device. The switch reserves power for this port even when no device is connected and guarantees that power will be provided upon device detection.
The switch allocates power to a port configured in static mode before it allocates power to a port configured in auto mode.

"

conf t

int gig x/y

power line static

I would prefer to troubleshoot it first

regards,

Sebastian

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card