cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1812

garthhirsch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,  I recently purchased a used Cisco 182 router and experiencing some difficulty setting up the unit and navigating through to find some answers.  First, I do not have a consloe cable at this time and that might be a significant cause of difficulty, however, I will let someone else verify that point.  I was able to download theSDM file (2.5) and run the launcher.  I can enter an IP address to get to a logon prompt, this is as far as I can go.  I have not been able to determine if there is a factory "default" user & password.  If there is, I have not been able to find a resource with this information.  Any help with the basics at this point would be greatle appreciated.  Thnak you for the assistance, GH

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have not been able to determine if there is a factory "default" user & password.

Cisco/Cisco

DO remember that username password of cisco - cisco is just applicable for one time i.e. the first time you login. Do change the password immediately, else there is a good chance that the password of cisco will not work again.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/products_configuration_example09186a008073e067.shtml

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card