Can anyone say me how to overcome this situation,

This is list of messages showing up when I turn on the router

It is not at all accepting any kind of input

Just repeating the same messages every 10-20 seconds

Readonly ROMMON initialized
PASSWORD RECOVERY FUNCTIONALITY IS DISABLED
program load complete, entry point: 0x80903000, size: 0x4c4a0
boot: cannot determine first executable file name ondevice "usbflash0:"

System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)M16, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 2012 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Total memory size = 512 MB
CISCO1921/K9 platform with 524288 Kbytes of main memory
Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with ECC disabled

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Where was this router procured? 

IF this was purchased from e-bay (or similar), return it because the previous owner has disabled "password recovery" and this is the reason why the router is in a boot-loop.  Also have a look inside the router and see if the DRAM/FLASH slots are empty or not.  

Some owners deliberately disable password recovery because they will/can make more money by providing the password to "unlock" the router.  

I agree that it is unfortunate that password recovery has been disabled. But that is not the major problem here. The router is not able to find a bootable image. It is looking in "boot: cannot determine first executable file name on device "usbflash0:"" If the original poster can find a copy of the image file and put it on usb perhaps the router would be able to boot? If not then trying to return the router to the source is appropriate.

Disabling password recovery would not necessarily prevent the original poster from accessing the router. With password recovery disabled there is a brief window during the boot process when it would recognize the break signal and go into rommon. As it does this it deletes the existing configuration. But it should allow the original poster to access the router and to install a new config.

HTH

Rick

@Flavio Miranda@Richard Burts 

Something more "sinister" is at play.  

I believe the seller of this router has removed the onboard flash and DRAM.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card