cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2901 router booting issue

dhanabal_l
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2901 router. I am facing booting issue with it. 

Observations :

1. The SYS Led is blinking GREEN

2. I get two lines of junk output when i make a console connection through PUTTY software

3. No progress in the boot porces

4. Unable to interact with the router by pressing the BREAK key

Please provide us a solution.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2. I get two lines of junk output when i make a console connection through PUTTY software

Someone playing a trick on you?  Have you tried changing the baud rate of putty?

Dear Leo,

Thanks for your response. I am from a CISCO Networking Academy. I am an instructor. My students were learning to configure the routers. They said that they erased the configuration file and restarted the router. Then we experienced the issue.

I have three routers. One of the router is working fine. That too with the same console connection. But when i make the same console connection with the other two routers (in which i have the issue), I experience the junk output and SYS led blinking GREEN.

I tried making the console connection through HyperTerminal as well as with PUTTY.

Many Thanks

L.Dhanabal

Leo, Yes, You were right. I tried to vary the baud rate of the HyperTerminal starting from the initial value step-by-step, & got the router output at the fourth range i.e., 4800. The router was in the ROM Monitor mode, I reset the router, changed the configuration register setting to 0x2142. Again i had the junk output, once again in the HyperTerminal, i gave restore defaults.....It was a nice experience...

Thanks

With Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card